Thursday, March 1, 2012

Grace Sustains The Love I Have For This Place

This will be worth it in the end, I promise you.
This isn't a lie, just a vague and desperate cry.
I witness the death and saw it through your eyes.
But love came out instead.
I never thought drowning could be so peaceful.
The way our hearts sink deeper and deeper.
I punished life, for thinking there wasn't a way out.
For taking advantage of the pain, God bless the pain.
God bless the evil. The thought of knowing right from wrong.
Even from all of the wars, nothing can hold us in.
Escaping the world to find ourselves a piece of land.
I'll drift long enough for the rain, to protect you.
There is no telling what will grow from this life.
But as long as there is life, there is existence.
Existence in standing still, not ashamed.
A smile escapes because I have it all, in this dream.
In reality I'll sell it, sell it for the faith.
Let our hearts know, there is room for us to grow.
To what tree is covering our graves, our blood will water the roots.
Water the dead back to life, giving meaning to love.
It's everlasting. But this dream isn't a dream.
This is the end of what it use to be.
Our hearts will sink, but where there is love it will grow. To rise up within us, the shining light. Grace sings our souls home, and wings blossom out of us, like doves to the sky. We are everlasting and we will never die. Onward we carry, the bodies of the broken ones. Healing every word that has been said. Healing the sick and the dead. We will mend the broken souls, and a smile escapes because I have found my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment