Friday, March 9, 2012

Brothers To The Sea, Sisters To The Flame

I'm still kicking and screaming because my thoughts have run dry.
And all I hear are mistakes, mistakes covered in the belly of the pain.
Oh what sinners we are, to wear cloaks of regret.
Oh what sinners we have become, when we can't let go of our fate.
But our dreams were made. We are the setting sun for the stars to shine.
These waves can swallow us whole, but the difference is, the lighthouse doesn't run out of control.
And I hear His voice, I breathe the freedom in the wind.
Perhaps there is still passion that fills this hole, but we have dug it up for ourselves.
Maybe faith can unveil the power that we have, to fend for ourselves.
Because if we are selfish to think, that gifts come out of thin air, well I have suffered long enough. And this hole I've dug, was to bury my heart in it instead.
We can calm our eyes, even though the tears fall like rain.
We are drowning, drowning in self pity.
The wicked may come, but I have heard all about the destruction that they bring.
Oh what saints we could be, if we were just given a bit of faith.
Oh what saints we are, when we let go of all of the pain.
Fear is not the regret I hold in my heart.
So maybe I should bury it instead, for some poor soul to come and claim it for himself.
Because I haven't given up yet, and I have all that I've ever asked for, and more.
"What giveth can be taketh away."
So this love will not be taken for granted.
I will not take, what I won't give back.
I stutter without question, I walk my path, but not alone.
For She is the voice that sings to me, She is the faith that I believe.
I am fixed and I am blessed.
Oh God! I am fixed! And I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment