Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Watching Bridges Burn

And praise is the answer for the question.
Because effortlessly we dream of the wrong direction.
Raise the flag to call them out, the slave of the past.
We will build a new foundation with these hands.
Where the rivers run dry, our souls will reign blood.
And love will rain down from the heavens.
The cloudless sky in God's eye, becomes the wilderness where the beast sleeps.
And I can't shake the thought of you.
Because every child can feel his legs while running, but I can't feel mine while falling.
Blood and ink, we'll draw this world.
Our lives have become the stage, an example of faith.
Pride and the gram, grave and the sand, become all you want.
I'll cover your body with my heart, just to keep you warm.
Even in death, I'll keep you warm.
Never retreat to where the sun sets. Stay in the path of The Holy One and stay calm. Be still, and walk closer, fear nothing. Eye's to the sky, and stay on your feet. The devil can cage us in, but we we'll be caged in together. We are saved, it was your love and my faith. But together, we will live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment